Terms & Privacy
Please review these terms and conditions of use carefully before using Bassline (bassline.com).
Restrictions on use of materials.
This site is owned and operated by Bassline ("we," "us," or "our" herein). No material from Bassline may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the expressed written consent of Bassline and provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Bassline's copyright and other proprietary rights. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Bassline.
In the event you download software from the site, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by Bassline.
Bassline does not transfer title to the Software to you. You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but e-Standard retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
External Links Disclaimer.
External links to other Internet sites are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of Bassline, and Bassline does not take responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of any of these external links. Please contact the external site directly with questions.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in the site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting products and services available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates. This site is controlled and operated by Bassline from its offices within the State of Florida, United States of America.
Bassline makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from this site is subject to United States export laws and regulations and shall not be downloaded by anyone located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of to whom export or re-export is prohibited under United States laws or regulations.
These terms are effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate these terms at any time by destroying all materials obtained from any and all Bassline site(s) and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof, whether made under the terms of these terms or otherwise. These terms will terminate immediately without notice from Bassline if in Bassline's sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of these terms. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this site and any and all other Bassline site(s) and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of these terms or otherwise.
Bassline PROVIDES INFORMATION SERVICES AND REFERRAL SERVICES ONLY AND MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO YOU BY SUCH SERVICE PROVIDER. STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY REGULATE THE LICENSING AND PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. ONLY LICENSED CONTRACTORS MAY PERFORM CERTAIN SERVICES IN CERTAIN STATES. FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT LICENSED CONTRACTORS IS AVAILABLE ONLY FROM THE STATE CONTRACTORS LICENSE BOARD OR EQUIVALENT AGENCY.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Bassline DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Bassline DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Bassline DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT Bassline) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL Bassline BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE, EVEN IF Bassline OR AN Bassline AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL Bassline's TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID TO Bassline BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS SITE.
Specific Services: Shouts.
Shouts are promotional method on Bassline. Offensive, pornographic, copyrighted material will be rejected. You agree that a Shout may be rejected for any reason. You agree that you are authorized to promote, list or otherwise hold license to said material that you promote via the Shouts service. Bassline makes no representation or in no way endorses Shout materials. Bassline can in no way be held liable for any content, both Shout content or external website content. Bassline reserves the right to cancel or stop the Shouts service at any time.
Specific Services: Advertising / Ads / Ad Banners.
Ads ("ads," "advertisements", "advertising", "ad banners", or "banners" herein) are a method of promotion and product placement for third parties on Bassline. Offensive, pornographic, copyrighted material will be rejected. You agree that an advertisement may be rejected for any reason. You agree that you are authorized to promote, list or otherwise hold license to said material that you promote via the advertising service. Bassline makes no representation or in no way endorses advertisement materials. Bassline does not refund third-party email campaigns. Bassline can in no way be held liable for any content, both banner content or external website content. Bassline reserves the right to cancel or stop the advertising service at any time. Bassline reserves the right to change the rate of any paid advertisment at any time.
Specific Services: LRD (Listen, Review, Download)
You agree to be the sole party responsible for any and all legals matters or disputes that arise from your content being posted to and/or distributed by Bassline. It is your responsibility to use this service in a matter that is both legal and free of copyright infringement. You agree to hold Bassline, it's affiliates and partners, harmless of any and all legal issues that arise.
Specific Services: Mobile Applications.
Event listings come from official sources, although accuracy is not guaranteed. Please check the venue or promoter for updated details.
Specific Services: Bookings & Agents.
Bassline is not responsible for and can not be held liable for any booking transaction, or other transaction, that was created between one or more members of Bassline. You agree that any inquiries, dialog and transactions are solely between you and the other party. Bassline in no way endorses any DJ, promoter, agency, or other entity listed on our site.
Specific Services: Contributors.
Contributors are members that have access to tools that add and moderate the information on Bassline. Contributors (herein referred to as "you", "contributor", "contributors") must be 18 years of age or older. While we attempt to mitigate certain content, you understand that our tools may at times surface offensive, pornographic and other materials. These materials should not be included in Bassline content. You are offered no compensation (money or other) for contributions and time spent contributing to Bassline. Bassline makes no representation or in no way endorses Contributors. We reserve the right to cancel a Contributor account at any time, for any reason without notice. Bassline reserves the right to cancel or stop the Contributors service at any time. Lastly, you agree to only contribute information that is 100% accurate and truthful.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Orange County, Florida and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any such action. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This agreement may be modified by Bassline and the subject matter herein may be updated and agreed to again by you with your continued usage of the site.
Bassline Terms of Service SaaS Addendum
Effective January 1, 2020 or such later date as the Client begins use of the Bassline Services (the “Start Date”), Nofomo (USA) Inc. (the “Supplier”), and you (the “Client”) hereby agree as follows: the Supplier agrees to provide, and the Client agrees to buy, the Bassline Software as a Service offering and related services (the “Bassline Services”), on the terms of this agreement (the “Agreement”). The Bassline Services are an end-to-end business management platform, including management console, engagement tablet app software, and mobile app software, as more fully described on the website http://bassline.com (the “Website”). From the Start Date forward the Client shall have access to the Bassline Services and the Client shall owe the SaaS service fee (the “Service Fee”) then prevailing for the class of service selected by the Client using the Website.
In the Agreement, the following terms have the stated meaning:
Confidential Information: The Supplier’s Confidential Information includes Intellectual Property owned by the Supplier (or its licensors), including the Bassline Services.
Data: Information related to the Client’s business activity.
Force Majeure: An engagement that is beyond the reasonable control of a party.
Intellectual Property Rights: Includes copyright and all rights existing anywhere in the world conferred under statute, common law or equity relating to inventions (including patents), registered and unregistered trademarks and designs, circuit layouts, data and databases, know-how, and all other rights resulting from intellectual activity. Intellectual Property has a consistent meaning, and includes any enhancement, modification or derivative work of the Intellectual Property.
Objectionable: Includes being objectionable, defamatory, obscene, harassing, threatening, harmful, or unlawful in any way.
Underlying Systems: The Bassline Services software, IT solutions, systems and networks, including software, hardware and any third party solutions, systems and networks.
In the Agreement a clause and other headings are for ease of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of the Agreement; words in the singular include the plural and vice versa; a reference to a party to the Agreement includes that party’s permitted assigns; a statute includes references to regulations, orders or notices made under or in connection with the statute or regulations and all amendments, replacements or other changes to any of them.
The term of this Agreement is as set out on the Website for the class of service selected by the Client using the Website (the “Term”).
General: The Supplier must use reasonable efforts to provide the Services in accordance with the Agreement , exercising reasonable care, skill and diligence; and using suitably skilled, experienced and qualified personnel.
Non-exclusive: The Supplier’s provision of the Services to the Client is non-exclusive. Nothing in the Agreement prevents the Supplier from providing the Services to any other person.
Availability: The Supplier will use reasonable efforts to ensure the SaaS Service is available, however it is possible that on occasion the Bassline Services may be unavailable in order to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place, or in the engagement of Force Majeure. The Supplier will use reasonable efforts to notify the Client in advance details of any unavailability. The Supplier does not make any warranty or representation on the availability of those features. Without limiting the previous sentence, if a third party feature provider ceases to make a feature available on reasonable terms, the Supplier may cease to make available that feature to the Client. To avoid doubt, if the Supplier exercises its right to cease the availability of a third party feature, the Client is not entitled to any refund, discount or other compensation. The Supplier may, from time to time, make available additional services to supplement the Bassline Services.
General use: The Client and its personnel must: a) use the Bassline Services in accordance with the Agreement solely for the Client’s own internal business purposes and for lawful purposes; and b) not resell or make available the Bassline Services to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit the Bassline Services.
Personnel: The Client may authorize any member of its personnel to be a permitted user (“Permitted User”), in which case the Client will provide the Supplier with the Permitted User’s name and other information that the Supplier reasonably requires in relation to the Permitted User. The Client must procure each Permitted User’s compliance with this Agreement. A breach of any term of the Agreement by the Client’s Permitted User is deemed to be a breach of the Agreement by the Client.
Supplier access to Data: a The Client acknowledges that the Supplier may require access to the Data to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under the Agreement, and to the extent that this is necessary the Supplier may authorize a member or members of its personnel to access the Data for this purpose. The Client must arrange all consents and approvals that are necessary for the Client to possess the Data.
Analytical Data: The Client acknowledges and agrees that the Supplier may use Data and information about the Client’s use and the Client’s end users’ use of the Bassline Services to generate aggregated statistical and analytical data (“Analytical Data”) and may use Analytical Data for the Supplier’s internal research and product development purposes and to conduct statistical analysis and identify trends and insights. The Supplier’s rights under this clause shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Backups of Data: The Supplier will take standard industry measures to back up all Data stored using the Services.
Indemnity: The Client indemnifies the Supplier against any liability, claim, proceeding, cost, expense (including legal fees), and loss of any kind arising from any actual or alleged claim by a third party against the Client that any Data infringes the rights of that third party or that the Data is Objectionable, incorrect or misleading.
Fees: The Client must pay to the Supplier the Service Fee.
Payment: The Supplier will charge Service Fees on the frequency set out on the Website and in the amount then prevailing for the class of service selected by the Client using the Website. The Client must pay the Service Fee on the due date as set out on the Website.
Overdue amounts: The Supplier may charge interest on overdue amounts. Interest will be calculated from the due date to the date of payment (both inclusive) at an annual percentage rate equal to the corporate overdraft reference rate applied by the Supplier’s primary bank as at the due date plus 2% per annum.
Ownership: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Bassline Services, the Website, and all Underlying Systems is and remains the property of the Supplier (and its licensors). The Client must not contest or dispute that ownership, or the validity of those Intellectual Property Rights. Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remains the property of the Client. The Client grants the Supplier a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid up, transferable, irrevocable license to use, store, copy, modify, make available and communicate the Data for any purpose in connection with the exercise of its rights and performance of its obligations in accordance with the Agreement.
Know-how: To the extent not owned by the Supplier, the Client grants the Supplier a royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual license to use for the Supplier’s own business purposes any know-how, techniques, ideas, methodologies, and similar Intellectual Property used by the Supplier in the provision of the Bassline Services. If the Client provides the Supplier with ideas, comments or suggestions relating to the Bassline Services or Underlying Systems (together “Feedback”), all Intellectual Property Rights in that Feedback, and anything created as a result of that Feedback (including new material, enhancements, modifications or derivative works), are owned solely by the Supplier and the Supplier may use or disclose the Feedback for any purpose.
Third party sites and material: The Client acknowledges that the Bassline Services may link to third party websites or feeds that are connected or relevant to the Bassline Services. Any link from the Bassline Services does not imply any Supplier endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those websites or feeds or their content or operators. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Supplier excludes all responsibility or liability for those websites or feeds.
Security: Each party must, unless it has the prior written consent of the other party, keep confidential at all times the Confidential Information of the other party, effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard the other party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized access or use, and disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to its personnel or professional advisors on a need to know basis only ( and in that case, ensure that any personnel or professional advisor to whom it discloses the other party’s Confidential Information is aware of, and complies with, the provisions of this Agreement.
Permitted disclosure: The obligation of confidentiality does not apply to any disclosure or use of Confidential Information: a) for the purpose of performing the Agreement or exercising a party’s rights under the Agreement; b) required by law (including under the rules of any stock exchange); c) which is publicly available through no fault of the recipient of the Confidential Information or its personnel; d) which was rightfully received by a party to the Agreement from a third party without restriction and without breach of any obligation of confidentiality; or e) by the Supplier if required as part of a bona fide sale of its business (assets or shares, whether in whole or in part) to a third party, provided that the Supplier enters into a confidentiality agreement with the third party on terms no less restrictive than set out in this Agreement.
Mutual warranties: Each party warrants that it has full power and authority to enter into and perform its obligations under the Agreement which, when signed, will constitute binding obligations on the warranting party.
No implied warranties: To the maximum extent permitted by law: a) the Supplier’s warranties are limited to those set out in the Agreement, and all other conditions, guarantees or warranties, whether expressed or implied by statute or otherwise, are expressly excluded, and, to the extent that they cannot be excluded, liability for them is limited to US$1,000.00; and b) the Supplier makes no representation concerning the quality of the Services and does not promise that the Services will meet the Client’s requirements, or be suitable for a particular purpose, or be secure, free of viruses or other harmful code, uninterrupted or error free.
Limitation of remedies: Where legislation or rule of law implies into the Agreement a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded or modified by contract, the condition or warranty is deemed to be included in the Agreement. However, the liability of the Supplier for any breach of that condition or warranty is limited, at the Supplier’s option, to: a) supplying the Services again; and/or b) paying the costs of having the Services supplied again.
Maximum liability: The maximum aggregate liability of the Supplier under or in connection with the Agreement or relating to the Bassline Services, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, must not exceed an amount equal to the Service Fees paid by the Client under the Agreement in the previous 12-month period.
Unrecoverable loss: Neither party is liable to the other under or in connection with the Agreement or the Bassline Services for any: a) loss of profit, revenue, savings, business, use, data (including Data), and/or goodwill; or b) consequential, indirect, incidental or special damage or loss of any kind.
No liability for other’s failure: Neither party will be responsible, liable, or held to be in breach of the Agreement for any failure to perform its obligations under the Agreement or otherwise, to the extent that the failure is caused by the other party failing to comply with its obligations under the Agreement, or by the negligence or misconduct of the other party or its personnel.
Mitigation: Each party must take reasonable steps to mitigate any loss or damage, cost or expense it may suffer or incur arising out of anything done or not done by the other party under or in connection with the Agreement.
Duration: This Agreement starts on the Start Date and continues until terminated by the Client using the Website.
Termination rights: Either party may, by notice to the other party, immediately terminate the Agreement if the other party breaches any material provision of the Agreement or becomes insolvent, liquidated, or bankrupt, has an administrator, receiver, liquidator, statutory manager, chargee’s agent appointed, becomes subject to any form of insolvency action or external administration, or ceases to continue business for any reason
Consequences of termination or expiry: Termination or expiry of the Agreement does not affect either party’s rights and obligations that accrued before that termination or expiry. On termination or expiry of the Agreement, the Client must pay all Service Fees due for use of the Bassline Services prior to that termination or expiry. Except to the extent that a party has ongoing rights to use Confidential Information, at the other party’s request following termination or expiry of the Agreement, a party must promptly return to the other party or destroy all Confidential Information of the other party that is in the first party’s possession or control
Obligations continuing: Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination or expiry of the Agreement, continue in force.
Good faith negotiations: Before taking any court action, a party must use best efforts to resolve any dispute under, or in connection with, the Agreement through good faith negotiations and arbitration.
Obligations continue: Each party must, to the extent possible, continue to perform its obligations under the Agreement even if there is a dispute.
Right to seek relief: This clause does not affect either party’s right to seek urgent interlocutory and/or injunctive relief.
Force Majeure: Neither party is liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations under the Agreement to the extent caused by Force Majeure, provided that the affected party: a) immediately notifies the other party and provides full information about the Force Majeure; b) uses best efforts to overcome the Force Majeure; and c) continues to perform its obligations to the extent practicable.
Rights of third parties: No person other than the Supplier and the Client has any right to a benefit under, or to enforce, the Agreement.
Waiver: To waive a right under the Agreement, that waiver must be in writing and signed by the waiving party.
Independent contractor: the Supplier is an independent contractor of the Client, and no other relationship (e.g. joint venture, agency, trust or partnership) exists under the Agreement.
Notices: A notice given by a party under the Agreement must be delivered to the other party via email using the email address set out in the signature section of this Agreement or otherwise notified by the other party for this purpose.
Severability: If any provision of the Agreement is, or becomes, illegal, unenforceable or invalid, the relevant provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If modification is not possible, the provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from the Agreement without affecting the legality, enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions of the Agreement.
Variation: Any variation to the Agreement must be in writing and agreed to by both parties.
Entire agreement: The Agreement sets out everything agreed by the parties relating to the Bassline Services, and supersedes and cancels anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to the Start Date. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the subject matter of the Agreement that is not expressly set out in the Agreement, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the Start Date.
Subcontracting and assignment: The Client may not assign, novate, subcontract or transfer any right or obligation under the Agreement without the prior written consent of the Supplier. The Client remains liable for its obligations under the Agreement despite any approved assignment, subcontracting or transfer. Any assignment, novation, subcontracting or transfer must be in writing, and any change of control of the Client is deemed to be an assignment (change of control means any transfer of shares or other arrangement affecting the Client or any member of its group which results in a change in the effective control of the Client).
Law: The Agreement is governed by, and must be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of California, USA.(top)
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- What are cookies and how are they used
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Bassline control
- What about children's privacy?
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Notification of Changes
What personally identifiable information is collected from you.
Bassline collects information in several ways from different parts of our network of web sites.
Some personal information is gathered when you register. During registration, Bassline asks for your email address, birth date, gender, zip code, and personal interests. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. Once you register you are no longer anonymous to Bassline - you are given a Bassline Username and are able to take full advantage of Bassline's personalized features.
What are cookies and how are they used.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing Bassline is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of Bassline's network of web sites you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on Bassline a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
Bassline also collects IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
How your information is used.
Bassline's primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our site. This includes personalization services, interactive communications and many other types of services, which are completely free to you. In order to provide services free of charge, we display advertisements. By knowing a little about you, Bassline is able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and hence better service, to you.
In our role of delivering targeted advertisements, Bassline plays the middleman. Advertisers give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach (for example, males over 35 years old). Bassline takes the advertisement and displays it to users meeting that criteria. In this process, the advertiser never has access to individual account information. Only Bassline has access to individuals' accounts. This kind of advertisement targeting is done with banner ads as well as promotional email. You will only receive special offers via email from Bassline if you have indicated in your account preferences that you would like to receive them. You can change your account preferences at any time.
Bassline performs research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Bassline may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
To provide you with notifications, confirmations, and certain features, this app saves your name and email address if you provide those details, uses your location for map and transportation services, and uses your camera for QR code scanning services related to payments. This app does not save your credit card information, and its credit card processor does not save your full credit card information after a transaction has been completed. This app offers you the choice for credit card information to be saved during a 5 hour window to enable multiple transactions at an engagement, and you can decline this choice and submit credit card information for each transaction. This app does not save your location history. This app retains QR code information related to purchases you have made using the app.(top)
Who is collecting your information.
When you are on a Bassline site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Bassline alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. For example, some Bassline services, are offered in conjunction with a partner company. In order to provide this co-branded service to you, it is necessary for us to share your personal information with our partner company. If data is being collected and/or maintained by any company other than Bassline, you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Promotions that run on Bassline may be sponsored by companies other than Bassline or may be cosponsored by Bassline and another company. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor. If data will be shared, you will be notified prior to the time of data collection or transfer. You can decide not to participate in the promotion if you don't want your data to be shared. Currently, most Bassline promotions are limited to US or North American residents.
Please be aware that Bassline Internet access partners, advertisers, and web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those Internet access partners, advertisers, and web sites linked to Bassline.(top)
With whom your information may be shared.
As a general rule, Bassline will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. Please see the Use Agreement for more detailed information about how your personal information may be shared. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed. Business Partners & Sponsors: Bassline may disclose your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but this is specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data. Details of shared use can be found in specific Terms of Service or Use Agreements, and sweepstakes and promotions rules. Some or all data collected during a Bassline promotion may be shared with a sponsor. If personally identifying data about you will be shared, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data.
Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. By requesting more information, you give Bassline permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. In many instances, only your email address will be shared. If more information will be shared with the sponsor, you will be notified prior to the transfer.
From time to time, you may be offered the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you opt-in to receive information from these third parties, Bassline will (with your permission) share your name and email address with them .
Third Party Data ∓ Data in the Aggregate: Under confidentiality agreements,
Bassline may match user information with third party data. Also, Bassline discloses aggregated user
statistics (for example, 45% of our users are female) in order to describe our services to current and
prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Market Research Data in the Aggregate: Bassline sells aggregated user statistics to third parties (for example, males aged 13 to 25 currently rate their interest in your product as "7.3X"). This data will never be provided in any fashion that could be connected with you as an individual.
Other: Bassline may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Bassline's Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Bassline's rights or property, other Bassline users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Bassline may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.(top)
What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
Bassline may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from Bassline and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Bassline (or agents working on behalf of Bassline and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily edit your Bassline Account Information to no longer receive such offers and mailings. You will need your Bassline Username and Password in order to access your Bassline Account Information.
On some types of Bassline promotions, we will ask for your email address in order to update you on your score, entries, and status in prize drawings. When you participate in these types of promotions, you automatically receive promotion-related email, unless you choose the no-email option that some promotions offer. Occasionally these promotion-related email messages may include targeted advertisements.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use any of the personalization and communication features that require registration in order to participate. You can still use Bassline's content links even if you do not accept cookies.
Bassline does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service or not to participate in certain promotions or contests.(top)
The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Bassline control.
Your Bassline Account Information and Bassline Profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Bassline Account Information and Bassline Profile by using your Bassline Username and password.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Bassline will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of your Bassline account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Bassline cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.(top)
What about children's privacy?
Bassline is not directed to children under the age of 13. We prohibit registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. This requirement will be posted at points of data collection within the Bassline, such as registration for services.(top)
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
You may edit your Bassline Account Information and your public Bassline Profile at any time by using your Bassline Username and password.
Your Bassline account can be deleted, but doing so will result in not being able to access any members-only area of Bassline. There is a section of your Account Information specifically for deleting your account; go there for further information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions about deleting or deactivating your Bassline account. Residual information will remain within our archive records.
If you are participating in a Bassline promotion and you wish to update your email address on the promotions mailing list or to quit a promotion and cease receiving promotion-related email, please contact email@example.com.(top)
Data Processing Addendum
This Data Processing Addendum (the “Addendum”) is made by and between Nofomo (USA) Inc. (“Bassline”) and you. This Addendum is incorporated into the Terms of Service or other written agreement (“Agreement”) between Bassline and you that incorporates this Addendum. Your use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement and this Addendum. This Addendum applies in respect of Bassline’s provision of the Services to you if the Processing of Customer Personal Data (as defined below) is subject to the GDPR, only to the extent you are a Controller and Bassline is a Processor of Customer Personal Data. This Addendum is intended to satisfy the requirements of Article 28(3) of the GDPR. This Addendum shall be effective for the term of the Agreement.
- For the purposes of the Addendum:
- Customer Personal Data means the Personal Data described under Section 2 of this Addendum, in respect of which you are the Controller;
- Data Protection Legislation means the GDPR, together with any national implementing laws in any Member State of the European Union or, to the extent applicable, in any other country, as amended, repealed, consolidated or replaced from time to time;
- GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data; and
- Personal Data, Data Subject, Personal Data Breach, Process, Processor and Controller will each have the meaning given to them in the GDPR.
- Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given to them in the Agreement.
- For the purposes of the Addendum:
- Categories of Data Subjects. This Addendum applies to the Processing of Customer Personal Data relating to the clients that you interact with through the Services.
- Types of Personal Data. Customer Personal Data includes Personal Data, the extent of which is determined and controlled by you in your sole discretion, such as names, contact information, and financial information.
- Subject-Matter and Nature of the Processing. The subject-matter of Processing of Customer Personal Data by Bassline is the provision of the Services to you that involves the Processing of Customer Personal Data. Customer Personal Data will be subject to those Processing activities which Bassline needs to perform in order to provide the Services pursuant to the Agreement.
- Purpose of the Processing. Customer Personal Data will be processed by Bassline for purposes of providing the Services set out into the Agreement.
- Duration of the Processing. Customer Personal Data will be processed for the duration of the Agreement, subject to Section 11 of this Addendum.
- The parties acknowledge and agree that you are the Controller of Customer Personal Data and Bassline is the Processor of that data. Bassline will only Process Customer Personal Data as a Processor on behalf of and in accordance with this Addendum and your prior written instructions, including with respect to transfers of personal data. You hereby instruct Bassline to Process Customer Personal Data to the extent necessary to enable Bassline to provide the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
- If Bassline cannot process Customer Personal Data in accordance with your instructions due to a legal requirement under any applicable European Union or Member State law, Bassline will (i) promptly notify you of such inability, providing a reasonable level of detail as to the instructions with which it cannot comply and the reasons why it cannot comply, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law; and (ii) cease all Processing of the affected Customer Personal Data (other than merely storing and maintaining the security of the affected Customer Personal Data) until such time as you issue new instructions with which Bassline is able to comply. If this provision is invoked, Bassline will not be liable to you under the Agreement for failure to perform the Services until such time as you issue new instructions.
- The parties will comply with their respective obligations under the Data Protection Legislation. You shall ensure that you have obtained (or will obtain) all rights and consents (if required) which are necessary for Bassline to process Customer Personal Data in accordance with this Addendum.
- In connection with the performance of the Agreement, Customer authorizes Bassline to process Customer Personal Data associated with Data Subjects from the European Economic Area and/or Switzerland (collectively “EEA”) in the United States, whether Bassline transfers Customer Personal Data from the EEA or whether receives Customer Personal Data from the EEA that was already transferred by Customer.
- Bassline has certified to the Privacy Shield framework as administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “Privacy Shield”) and commits to comply with its obligations for the Customer Personal Data transferred under the Privacy Shield throughout the term of this Addendum.
- If Bassline is not able to comply with its Privacy Shield obligations, it will nevertheless provide an adequate level of protection for Customer Personal Data, wherever processed, in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection law.
- Bassline will ensure that any person whom Bassline authorizes to Process Customer Personal Data on its behalf is subject to confidentiality obligations in respect of that Customer Personal Data.
- Bassline will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Customer Personal Data.
- Bassline will, at your request and subject to you paying all of Bassline’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide you with reasonable assistance as necessary for the fulfilment of your obligation to keep Customer Personal Data secure.
- You authorize Bassline to appoint sub-Processors to perform specific services on Bassline’s behalf which may require such sub-Processors to Process Customer Personal Data. Bassline will inform you of any intended changes concerning the addition or replacement of any sub- Processors and You will have an opportunity to object to such changes on reasonable grounds within fifteen (15) business days after being notified. If the parties are unable to resolve such objection, either party may terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to the other party.
- Bassline will enter into a binding written agreement with the sub-Processor that imposes on the sub-Processor the same obligations that apply to Bassline under this Addendum. Where any of its sub-Processors fails to fulfil its data protection obligations, Bassline will be liable to you for the performance of its sub-Processors’ obligations.
- Bassline will, at your request and subject to you paying all of Bassline’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide you with assistance necessary for the fulfilment of your obligation to respond to requests for the exercise of Data Subjects’ rights. Bassline shall not respond to such requests without your prior written consent and written instructions. You shall be solely responsible for responding to such requests.
- Bassline will notify you as soon as practicable after it becomes aware of any of any Personal Data Breach affecting any Customer Personal Data. At your request and subject to you paying all of Bassline’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, Bassline will promptly provide you with all reasonable assistance necessary to enable you to notify relevant security breaches to the competent data protection authorities and/or affected Data Subjects, if you is required to do so under the GDPR. You are solely responsible for complying with data incident notification requirements applicable to you and fulfilling any third-party notification obligations related to any data incidents.
- Bassline will, at your request and subject to you paying all of Bassline’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide you with reasonable assistance to facilitate conducting data protection impact assessments and consultation with data protection authorities, if you are required to engage in such activities under the GDPR, and solely to the extent that such assistance is necessary and relates to the Processing by Bassline of the Customer Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the Processing and the information available to Ba
- Bassline will return or delete, at your choice, Customer Personal Data to you after the end of the provision of Services relating to the Processing, and delete existing copies unless the applicable European Union or member state law requires storage of the data.
- Bassline will, at your request and subject to you paying all of Bassline’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide you with all information necessary to enable you to demonstrate compliance with your obligations under the GDPR, and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by you or an auditor mandated by you, to the extent that such information is within Bassline’s control and Bassline is not precluded from disclosing it by applicable law, a duty of confidentiality, or any other obligation owed to a third party, and provided that such audits shall be carried out with reasonable notice during regular business hours not more often than once per year. Bassline will immediately inform you if, in its opinion, an instruction from you infringes the Data Protection Legislation.
- Each party’s liability towards the other party under or in connection with this Addendum will be limited in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement.
- You acknowledge that Bassline is reliant on you for direction as to the extent to which Bassline is entitled to Process Customer Personal Data on behalf of you in performance of the Services. Consequently Bassline will not be liable under the Agreement for any claim brought by a Data Subject arising from any action or omission by Bassline, to the extent that such action or omission resulted directly from your instructions or from your failure to comply with your obligations under the Data Protection Legislation.
- With regard to the subject matter of this Addendum, in the engagement of inconsistencies between the provisions of this Addendum and the Agreement, the provisions of this Addendum shall prevail.